Raising awareness is essentially raising the profile of human trafficking and ensuring it is a crime every person knows about. Raising awareness is the first step in the elimination of human trafficking because it starts a conversation about what human trafficking is and what can be done to eliminate it.
We raise awareness about human trafficking by:
- Regularly updating our Facebook page with current news specifically relating to human trafficking in New Zealand.
- Blogging to raise awareness of human trafficking in New Zealand. This includes interviews with other anti-human trafficking organisations in New Zealand, reviews of human trafficking resources and events and much more.
- We run human trafficking awareness events and encourage other individuals to do the same. Two successful awareness events have been:
- Hosting a movie night to showcase Holly
- Having a tent at the village at Easter Camp where people can come and learn about human trafficking